Answer each of the following in THREE COMPLETE SENTENCES, MINIMUM.
1. What language(s) do you speak?
2. What cultural group(s) do you feel you belong to?
3. Are there any issues you feel your cultural group experiences? If so, what issues?
Community definition: a feeling of belonging with others, as a result of sharing common attributes, interests, and goals.
1. What makes someone feel like they are a part of a community?
2. What is a community you feel you are a part of?
1. Describe your greatest strength. What makes you awesome?
"Injustice everywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
-Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
injustice = inequality
justice = equality
1. Describe what you think the above quote means.
1. What are your plans for the week-long break?
Answer each of the following in at least three complete sentences.
1. What do you predict is going to happen next in "The Treasure of Lemon Brown"?
*Sentence starter: "I predict that..."
1. What do you think Lemon Brown's treasure is and why?
*Sentence starter: "I think that Lemon Brown's treasure is __________."
"I think his treasure is _____________ because ____________."
1. What is Lemon Brown's Treasure?
2. Why is Lemon Brown's treasure so important to him?
*Sentence starter 1: "Lemon Brown's treasure is..."
*Sentence starter 2: "Lemon Brown's treasure is important to him because..."
1. People "sing the blues" when they go through hard times in life. In your opinion, does Lemon Brown have good reason to sing the blues? WHY or WHY NOT? Give examples from the story.
*Sentence starter: "I believe Lemon Brown does/does not have good reason to sing the blues. I think this because..."
1.What are some similarities between the "Thank You, Ma'am and "The Treasure of Lemon Brown" stories?
*Sentence starter: One similarity between "Thank You, Ma'am" and "The Treasure of Lemon Brown" is..."
*Answer every single do now in THREE COMPLETE sentences each day, unless told otherwise.
1. Think of a law or issue in your community (or society in general) that you would like to change.
2. How would you change it?
1. Persuade: What is the best type of chips and why? (If you don't like chips: What is the best kind of snack and why?
1. What would you do for the day if you were invisible?
1. What is the best day of the week and why?
Answer all of the following in THREE complete sentences, minimum.
1. Write a letter from yourself in sixty years to yourself right now.
1. Imagine you are a fashion police officer for the day. What type of violations will you go after?
1. Is privacy dead?
2. Why or why not? Cite specific examples.
1. Describe what you think the graffiti artist was trying to say in this photo.
2. Do you agree with that he was trying to say? Why or why not?
1. Describe a time in which you narrowly (barely) escaped danger.