1. Make sure you have turned in your "Magic of the Mind" packet we completed in class.
2. Check StudentVUE for your Vocabulary Quiz 1 grade.
As always, feel free to email me with any questions or concerns! (:
1. Whose face would you like to see on our money? Why? Answer in three complete sentences.
1. If your life were a movie, what are three songs that would be on the soundtrack?
2. Why would you pick these songs? How do they describe who you are? Answer in three complete sentences.
1. Create a five-sentence long story using the following as the first sentence of your story:
"You may be wondering why I work at a hospital for pinatas."
1. Are people more respectful online or in person? Why? Answer in three complete sentences.
1. If you could have a conversation with the world, what would you say? Answer in three complete sentences.
-Create a paragraph long story using your vocabulary from last week:
illusion, manipulated, misdirection, perspective, and routine.
-Refer back to your vocabulary section if you forgot what these words mean.
1.What qualities make someone a good friend?
2.Why do these qualities make someone a good friend?
1.What do you imagine your life will be like in 15 years? Describe it in 3-5 sentences.
1.Who is someone you could not imagine living without? Why?
2.What is something you could not imagine living without? Why?
Answer the following in 3-5 complete sentences:
1.Do you think artificial intelligence (robots) will take over human jobs in the near future? Why or why not?
1.Describe a time you were faced with a problem and how you solved it.
2.What can failure/mistakes teach us?
3-5 complete sentences:
1.Have you ever felt lonely? Write about an experience when you felt like you had trouble relating with other people.
1. Who is a person that you look up to?
2. Why do you look up to this person?
1. What have been some struggles you’ve experienced so far during your first week of school? (You will not have to share this).
OR: If you have not experienced any struggles, what has been positive about your first week of school?
If you have been absent, it is YOUR duty to make up your missed do-now's. As a reminder, all of your do-now's are graded each week.
1. What is one fun thing you did this summer?
2. What is one thing you are excited about in high school?
3. What is one thing you are nervous about in high school?
1. What is a job or career you are interested in at the moment?
2. Why is reading important?
1. What is the earliest book or story you can remember from your childhood?
2. What was this book or story about?
The "Where I'm From" poem you guys started this week is due Tuesday, 8/7/18 in class. You must make sure that you turn in BOTH your fill-in-the-blank template and final poem. This is your first graded assignment, so your full effort is expected!
See the files below for directions.