Turnitin Sign Up:
•Use school email
•Use this as your password: Turtle22
•CLASS ID: 19143308
•ENROLLMENT KEY: turtles
1. Make sure you have your argumentative essay turned in on turnitin.com.
2. Make sure you have turned in the packet you completed with all of the graphic organizers for planning your essay.
3. If you missed your Q1 Touchstone Test...you must make this up before or after school by appointment only.
Answer each of the following in THREE COMPLETE SENTENCES MINIMUM!
1.Think back to what you have learned in the past about writing a concluding paragraph. What should be included in a conclusion/concluding paragraph?
2.What gives a concluding paragraph the “mic drop” effect?
1.What has been the hardest part about writing this argumentative essay so far?
2.What has been the easiest part about writing this essay so far?
3.What is one thing you really feel like you need to work on in your essay?
1.Describe your greatest strength. What makes you awesome?
1. What are your plans for the week-long break?
1. Cobb County lawmakers are considering taking away our week-long breaks throughout the school year. Instead, they are proposing a longer summer. Would you like to have a longer summer with less breaks during the school year? Or, would you like the schedule to stay the way it is with the week-long breaks? Explain WHY.
Answer each of the following in three complete sentences MINIMUM.
1. What makes a strong argument?
2. If you could write an argument about any topic, what would you choose.
1. What claim did your group come up with for the case of Arthur falling down the stairs? Did he truly fall, or was he pushed?
2. Describe the evidence your group came up with to back up your claim.
1. Explain the differences between claim, premise, and evidence. Describe the role of each in an argument.
1. What is a counterclaim?
2. What is the purpose of a counterclaim?
1. Describe what is required when quoting evidence in your essay.
2. Tell me what you already know about in-text citations.
It was requested that I post the argumentation Power Point up for notes/reference. Here 'ya go! :)
Friday was a very busy day!
1. We presented our book report projects. Your presentation is a grade. You must make up your presentation by next Friday, 9/14. You also must turn in your project after you present.
2. We picked out new independent reading books and returned our old books. You must go to the library on your own time to return your first independent reading book.
3. We turned in our reading logs. Make sure you turn this in, first thing on Monday! We will start fresh with our new reading log next week.
**If you had an electronic copy of your book report, please email it to me:
*Answer every single do now in THREE COMPLETE sentences each day, unless told otherwise.
1. Think of a law or issue in your community (or society in general) that you would like to change.
2. How would you change it?
1. Persuade: What is the best type of chips and why? (If you don't like chips: What is the best kind of snack and why?
1. What would you do for the day if you were invisible?
1. What is the best day of the week and why?
Answer all of the following in THREE complete sentences, minimum.
1. Write a letter from yourself in sixty years to yourself right now.
1. Imagine you are a fashion police officer for the day. What type of violations will you go after?
1. Is privacy dead?
2. Why or why not? Cite specific examples.
1. Describe what you think the graffiti artist was trying to say in this photo.
2. Do you agree with that he was trying to say? Why or w
1. Describe a time in which you narrowly (barely) escaped danger.